Discover why now is the perfect time to retrain
With so many people battling health issues such as depression, obesity and digestive complaints, the need for qualified health coaches has never been more important.
If you’ve desperately been seeking a career where you can make a difference to the lives of others, discover why now is the perfect time to retrain as a health coach.
We’ll be discussing what a health coach is and our top 5 reasons to become a health coach in 2020. Learn what career opportunities are available to health coaches and the training they need to undertake.
What is a Health Coach?
A health coach works as a mentor to inspire their clients to make positive dietary and lifestyle changes. Health coaches educate and motivate clients to create real change in their health, setting specific goals and ensuring clients stay motivated. A health coach is trained in human behaviour, how the body works, communication and coaching skills, nutrition and fitness. This holistic approach to wellness helps people reach their health goals in a sustainable way so they achieve long-term health.
Change your health and career this year and live the life you’ve always dreamed.
Why become a Health Coach?
It’s a significant time to become a health coach and be part of the world of wellness. Chronic diseases are at an all-time high, we’re more stressed than ever and conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure are damaging people’s health. A health coach has the ability to change someone’s health, improving the way they live their life.
Here’s 5 reasons to become a health coach in 2020:
- #1 – Doctors do not have enough time to help the hundreds of patients that walk through their doors. They also don’t have sufficient training to assist people to make dietary and lifestyle changes. Health coaches do. Health coaches can work alongside existing healthcare practitioners to make a real difference to someone’s life.
- #2 – Become your own boss and leave the rat race behind. Set your own schedule and work from wherever you like, whenever you want.
- #3 – Health coaching is a booming industry and it will continue to grow over the next ten years. Health coaching services are valued at $6.14 billion annually; it’s estimated to grow to $7.85 billion by 2022. Now is perfect time to become a health coach!
- #4 – Limitless career opportunities. Becoming a health coach opens so many doors. You can consult one-to-one, create group programmes, write a book, be a corporate consultant or launch your own health products – the world is your oyster.
- #5 – A fulfilling career that changes lives. Not only will you be able to improve your own health and help loved ones with theirs, you’ll be able to support people suffering from an array of health conditions. Health coaching is the type of job that makes you excited to get out bed in the morning.
How do you become a Health Coach?
Becoming a health coach has never been easier. CNM’s health coach diploma is a comprehensive course which covers how the body works, basic nutrition, health and fitness, coaching skills, marketing and business development. We teach you everything you need to know to kickstart your health coaching career. You can become a qualified health coach in as little as six to twelve months.
Where do Health Coaches work?
- In private practice either from home, in a wellness clinic, at a doctor’s surgery/ hospital, fitness centres and yoga studios.
- Online via Skype or another type of video calling service.
- In a corporate setting carrying out employee health assessments, creating wellness programmes and giving health talks.
- At wellness retreats and spas where they become part of a team of wellness practitioners to help transform the lives of guests.
Change your health and career this year
If you’re looking for a rewarding new career this year and you’re keen to learn how to transform your health, consider becoming a health coach. The health coaching industry is booming and with chronic diseases at an all-time high, now is the perfect time to retrain. You can choose when and where you work, and the career opportunities available to you are limitless. Make 2020 your year to shine and turn your dream career into a reality.
Categorised in: Health[Sassy_Social_Share]